art.culture.fashion.life.love.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Bonjour Mes Amis...

I must confess, I am a sucker for aesthetics. Anything that comes in a cute and pretty package pretty much has to be mine. So, imagine my delight at the site of these cute confectionery treats!

They are called Macarons and are a delicious little treat for they eyes and the mouth from France. They are little meringue sandwiches, slightly crisp on the outside and a bit chewy on the inside with some little treat in between the two sides ( think jam, caramel, lemon compote, etc)

They are tiny, adorable and just the right amount of sweet for a little pick me up.

I have decided to try and track down the best one in the city. My journey has just begun and I am enjoying the challenge. So far La Bambouche has put up some stiff competition, but I wont declare them the winner until I have checked out all the competition.

Don't they just make you want to put on some white gloves and throw a little tea party?

No comments:

Post a Comment